My First IMATS Experience + Haul

*Purchased


Hello! So about a week ago, I had the pleasure of going to IMATS with one of my other makeup-obsessed friends, Leah. If you don't know, IMATS is an international makeup convention primarily targeted towards makeup artists or students. It also caters well to beauty enthusiasts as I am neither a MUA or student. The deals are great and the variety is wonderful. It was both our first time going, and let me just say, it was a complete blur. I was in a makeup induced coma and completely loved it.


We had carefully planned out our route and had prepped as much as we could. We were going the Sunday, and were able to get there about an hour before it opened. The day before on Saturday, I had the pleasure of having lunch with some beautiful Canadian Beauty Bloggers so I was able to grab some intel from them. My main takeaways were that Morphe was gonna be a complete mess and BRING CASH! Since we had an hour before it opened, we were able to go over our plan again. Leah was gonna dash to Morphe and I would go to Make Up For Ever. We'd meet up after these two.


Once we got in, the anticipation boiled over, and we were able to shop up a storm. We were both able to go to our respective booths and complete our purchases within 15 minutes of IMATS opening. Not too shabby. Afterwards we kind of wandered around to other booths we wanted to visit. We both grabbed some awesome stuff with some great deals.


I set myself a limit of around $150 and I came just under that at around $120. I didn't go crazy (which I very well could of), but I feel like I've bought so much makeup recently that I wanted to keep it as cost effective as possible. Here are the goodies I picked up.

1. Make Up For Ever





Make Up For Ever probably had one of the best deals at the convention with 40% off. I LOVE the MUFE HD foundation, but since it's discontinued, I wanted to grab a bottle of the Ultra HD. I've heard some not so great reviews of it, but I still wanted to try it. Maybe I'll do a comparison post of them both. I also got a mini size of the HD powder. I wanted to get a bottle of the Banana Powder but couldn't find it anywhere! I thought I could try this one though as I've never ever used a translucent powder before!

2. Farleyco



From Farleyco I knew I wanted to grab another bottle of the Volume Extreme Colab dry shampoo. It was so tempting as they had some new scents such as Tokyo and Paris, but I stuck to one that I knew I love which is Rio. I was also so happy to see the Zoella bath and beauty line. They didn't have her new stuff, but I wanted to grab the body wash. So far I really like it!

3. NYX



NYX was probably the longest we waited in which was around 30-40 minutes. I've been searching for the NYX Micro Brow for what feels like forever and finally found it. With the new NYX store opening in Toronto, the branding was pretty specific and targeted which was nice! I just started using this as my Brow Wiz just ran out (perfect timing!) and like it so far. I got the colour Black which I thought might be too dark, but I think it's pretty decent!

4. Crown Brushes



If you go to IMATS, I feel like you NEED to get some brushes. And that is what I did. I hit up Crown brushes which were super affordable and had a great array of choices. I have one Crown brush from an ipsy bag and really like it! Also, funny enough, I got a Morphe brush from Crown. I didn't know they had them and actually had no idea it was a Morphe brush until I took it home!

5. Bio Seaweed Gel Manicure



I've been going nail polish-less for a few weeks now just because I have not had time. Bio Seaweed Gel was offering $10 manicures so I jumped on that. I'm gonna do a full post on my first Gel experience in another post soon!


And there we have my first IMATS experience. I had such a fun time and I look forward to going back to IMATS next year!

Did you head out to IMATS? Get any great deals?

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: