The Liebster Award: I'm an IT Chick (Sort Of)

So I've FINALLY gotten around to doing the tag questions that Ling from The Cosmetic Critic sent me. If you haven't stumbled upon her blog yet I highly encourage you to check her out. Her posts are always super informative and straight to the point! Thanks again for thinking to tag me! :) Super thoughtful!

Here are the questions that Ling asked:

1. What is your best/unique beauty tip?
Haha I had to think long and hard about this. I would say my best tip is using a hair straightener as a curling iron. I've never owned a curling iron and have been able to achieve the same (if not better) results from my straightener. It's a multi-use tool that can definitely save you money! It takes a bit of practice but I always love the way that the curls come out!

2. What is your current occupation? 
I'm in between occupations now I guess. My most current occupation has been student, but I will be starting my full time job in a couple of months. I will be working as a management consultant. :)

3. What did you study in post secondary education (or plan to)?
I studied Information Tech in university. My program was a hybrid between business and computer science. I would say it's definitely more focused on business though. It was something I could see myself doing and I honed in on my program in grade 10. I'm very happy I chose the program that I did. I am by no means a coder (even though I truly wish I was) but it has given me many opportunities.


4. What's a beauty regime you rarely do?
Haha, there are so many. I should definitely exfoliate more than I do. I also don't really take care of my skin as well as I should. I don't use a toner or anything. I'm honestly the most lazy person ever.


5. What's your favourite cuisine/food?
Japanese for sure. Sushi in particular. I just find it so easy to eat and I always feel refreshed after eating it. Yum yum!


6. When procrastinating, what are you usually doing?
It's usually a combination of things. The easiest is of course YouTube videos. I can watch those things for hours. ;) Not only beauty videos, but vlogs, or video game ones. The list is endless. There's also that rabbit hole known as social media. I'm sure everyone can get caught in their Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/etc. for a very long time...


7. What is your current blog goal? Why?
Hmm good question. I don't really have any sort of hard goal or anything. I would say that my main goal is just to try and consistently post. I've been lacking that lately, but sometimes you get busy right? I wouldn't even really want to put a number like 'post once a week' or 'post 3 times a week'. Sometimes I will pump out more posts on one week than another. I don't want to force myself to write a subpar post just to meet a quota.


8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Another good question (these are all good questions. Is this what celebrities feel like getting interviewed?). This is not a very descriptive or helpful answer but I honestly can't even pin it down. I've never been one of those people who was like "job here at this time, kids here at this time, house here at this time..." blah blah blah. Where I'm at in my life right now I can see there will be changes on the horizon. The scope and the magnitude of these changes has yet to be seen. All I can say is that I hope I along with my friends and family are happy and healthy in 2020.

9. What's your current jam?
Honestly ANY old school Disney song. I just got back from Disney World and am belting out song after song (rather poorly) any chance I get.


10. Are you a DIYer? If so, what do you diy? (Or why not?)
I would definitely not consider myself a DIYer. I just don't like doing that stuff enough to actually do it if you know what I mean. If it's a simple DIY that will save me money or time, then for sure. For example, I used to make my own brush cleaner with olive oil and dish soap (thanks Michelle Phan). It definitely did the job, but I felt there were other options out there that I'd like to try like baby shampoo. So long story short, not really a DIYer lol.


11. When do you see yourself not blogging anymore?
I addressed this a bit in my 1 year blog birthday post which can be read here if you're interested. I can see myself not blogging when it no longer becomes a joy and becomes a chore. Or if I feel there are unnecessary pressures from my blog that I just can't seem to escape. At the moment though I am very happy with my blog and where I am at with blogging. :) I hope that continues!

_______________________________________

Liebster award rules:
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
Answer the questions given by the nominator.
Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
Notify all nominees via social media/blogs

I've decided to tag:

1. Filomena from Filosophie!
2. Chelle from Makeup Your Mind
3. Miranda from miranda loves
4. Nadia from The View is Beautiful
5. Shawna from Spill the Beauty
6. Megan from Megan Joy
7. Emily from Emily Shea Beauty

Here are my 11 new questions:

1. Are you an early birdie or a night owl?
2. What is your favourite place in the world and why?
3. If  you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
4. If you were to only wear one makeup item forever what would it be and why?
5. Where would you like to go on vacation next?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What do you struggle the most with beauty-wise?
8. What is your favourite can't-live-without lip product?
9. What occupation did you want to have when you were younger?
10. What is your favourite animal?
11. Do you like to workout? If so, what types of sports/workouts do you like the best?

Of course this is not limited to just the people I tagged. If you feel interested, then I totally nominate you as well! Be sure to link me so I can read your answers!

Thanks so much and have a lovely day!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: