Haul: My First 500 pt Redemption at Sephora- Caudalie

Hi there!

So even though I have a love-hate relationship with the Sephora Beauty Insider/VIB program as read here, I have to admit that it definitely adds a bit of excitement to my shopping trips. I always eagerly try to rank up points to see what I can redeem for. From a recent shopping trip, I was able to make it to VIB level! Not sure if that should be celebrated or shunned, but anyways, that will be featured on an upcoming blog post soon.

Usually when I redeem by Beauty Insider points, I try to go for the 100pt items. I feel that this way I can curate the items to exactly what I want. Since the 500pt perks are groupings of items, I'm always worried that I will waste the points on something that I don't really want (aka mascara).

I finally decided to take the plunge awhile back when they came out with this Caudalie set. I've used the brand before and thought that this would be a nice way to spend my points. Unfortunately, this kit is no longer available as Sephora cycles through new 500pt perks every month. Here's what the set contains:



1. Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet



So far I have liked this. It has a very serum-y consistency which is interesting. It feels a lot lighter than any other regular cream I've tried, but still manages to moisturize nicely.

2. Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum



Funny story about this one. This is the last product I tried in the kit and I expected it to be the same consistency as the other creme products in the kit. To my surprise when I tried to squeeze some out, I got it all over my dresser. Smooth. Real smooth. The consistency is very liquidy and watery. I've been using this for some problem dry areas and it has been helping.

3. Vinosource S.O.S Morning Eye Rescue



I always forget about eye creams even though I shouldn't. This one is a similar consistency to the Moisturizing Sorbet, but just more concentrated. Not really sure what it's supposed to do, but it makes my under-eyes feel moisturized and refreshed.

4. Makeup Removing Cleansing Water



I have to say, when I first used this I was wholly unimpressed. I expected it to be a makeup removing agent and it wasn't at all. From a full face of makeup, it didn't remove anything. I would say this is more of a toner rather than makeup remover. I've used this after I've removed my makeup with a wipe and it seems to help get that last extra gunge off. In the right context, I've started to like this product!

So there is my first 500pt perk. I'm pretty happy that I redeemed for this. I've been able to use every single item and I hope to use them throughout winter when my oily combination skin becomes much drier.

Hope you are having a lovely day!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: