ipsy: August 2014


So I know this is late. Like, late late very late. I've missed my blog so much! For the month of August I had 2 mini vacations sandwiching a tough 2 weeks at work, so unfortunately, me writing on here was put on the back burner. Now I am back at school for my final year and working part time, but I managed to find a bit of time on this lovely Sunday to write up a post.

I've been debating whether to post this as it is no longer August anymore, but since I haven't gotten my September ipsy....why not?! I love reading subscription box posts anytime, so hopefully you all do too?

Thanks for bearing with me! :)


1. The Bag



I know people had some complaints about this one because it seems cheap and plastic (which it is). But I honestly don't mind it. It fits well with the school theme, and I can see myself using it for shampoo or other toiletries while travelling.

2. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara



This was the only thing in my bag which I didn't love. I'm just not a mascara person at all. My lashes are unbelievably thin which makes any mascara (waterproof or not) just slide right off. I really wish I had gotten the Urban Decay liner, as I would have gotten so much more use out of that.

3. J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eyeshadow in Half Naked



I was very happy to receive this. I've tried this multiple occasions and I'm really impressed. Love the formulation, the colour is great, and it comes with a little sponge tip brush in the bottom. I'll definitely be continuing to use this colour.

4. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk



This was a welcome addition as I've become addicted to dry shampoo. I had just bought a new bottle of Batiste, but I like the travel friendly size of this. I've used it a couple of times, and it's a good product so far!

5. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer



I've heard of this brand, and I always like to try new primers. My skin is combination, and I still haven't found a face primer that I love. I've only used this once. It was kinda smelly, but seemed similar to the Benefit primer. I'll have to this give this a couple more tries before I can say how I really feel.

6. Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner


I was also happy to receive a new lip balm. I always love trying out new lip balms as it's one of the makeup products I wear very consistently. I like the scent of this one, and I'm glad I got this one in the tube form. I know there were some pot lip balms in other ipsy bags, but I find them kinda unhygienic. (Maybe I just have dirty hands).

All in all, I was very happy with this bag. The only thing I would have liked to switch out was the mascara, but everything else I can see myself using. September bag is going out soon, so I'm excited to see what that will hold!

Thanks very much for reading! :) Hope you have an awesome day!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: